(known as the Rockery)
Before 1950 this area was a Rockery and the name has stuck. It now concentrates on shade and moisture loving plants such as candelabra primulas, Lysichiton Americanus, Darmera Peltata, Trilliums and ferns. Lady Delia planted Japanese Acers when she first started replanting this area and we are continuing this theme in the development of a new path into the Rockery. “Mary’s Walk” will be planted with Acers and ferns in a modern take on a stumpery.